Saturday, October 5, 2013

"Piggymandias", 9x12... New beginnings, honoring endings.

 
I regret that time between updates has been measured in months or even years, due to circumstances, but hopefully that issue has come to an end. Recent changes in financial circumstances dictate that I simply must paint, period. So, painting and selling should be a regular thing again, starting about now.
 
Ironically, the new start is posted in honor of recent endings (Breaking Bad). I finished this up not too long after a ride to New Mexico... Originally I was going to call it "Awesome Pink Pig", since that's what I thought when I saw the piggy bank for sale in Target, but the artsy side won out, so with a nod to Vince Gilligan and Percy Bysshe Shelley, look upon the new title, ye mighty, and... Enjoy!
"Piggymandias" - 9" x 12" oil on Ray-Mar canvas panel
 

No comments: