Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I see the doorway to a thousand churches



My goodness, it's been a long time since I posted. That's sad, but I have a (partial) excuse:

I got new eyes.

On February 29th I had IntraLASIK done. I went from "between 20/300 and 20/700 uncorrected" (!) to better than 20/20. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. Every day I see something in a new way or notice things that I had been unaware of before - it's truly amazing. Just FYI, being able to see comes in damned handy for an artist - who knew?

Not long ago in human history I would have been uselessly near-blind, but in the 21st century I can get my corneas reshaped with a frickin' laser beam and see better than new. I figured a photo was in order. This is me, glasses-free, in the middle of a workday, in my painting shirt, unshaven, mussed up, overheated, and holding my cat.

(Any other time Kali follows me around, wanting attention or playtime with her feather toy, but of course when I need her to stay still and shut up for a second, she freaks out. I guess they wouldn't be called "cats" if they were sensible.)

I'm sufficiently recovered to pick up where I left off around the new year, so regular posting will begin again shortly.

No comments: