Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Graphic Apple"

 
 
 
6" x 8" oil on archival canvas panel
 
My first painting on a 6x8 RayMar panel. I've been experimenting with canvas panels, and I wanted to move up in painting size. The apple is a honey crisp (best apple EVER) from the local grocery store which just happened to have a striking set of stripes on its skin. It looked very graphic, and I painted it as such, hence the title!
 
I must apologise for my absence. It's been a crummy week and a half for artistic achievement. I was neatly taken down by a number of logistical issues, combined with a freak fall cold which put me out cold on the couch right in the middle of a work week. I did manage this painting (cue sound of cheers), and some sickbed sketches. I'm back in my correct work routine, G-d be praised, and happy to be there.

2 comments:

Alice Thompson said...

Terry, sorry to hear you've been sick. I know the Tag Game can be time consuming so I want you to know I won't be too mad, or sad if you don't feel like joining in and communicating with others. Although I think your collectors and fellow artist would like to know some facts. Seven to be exact.
The 6x8 panels are a great size. I hope painting this apple made you feel better.
BTW Nice Signature

Terry Daniels said...

Alice,

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'll get around to the tag thing, I have to read how it works and think about some answers (My mental inbox is full with getting back underway at the moment!)

I don't really have seven other people I can tag, but I can at least play part of the game. :)