Saturday, December 13, 2008

"Marzipan's End"

 
 
 
5" x 7" oil on archival canvas panel
 
I have the great fortune of living only a short drive from German Deli. Of course I can - and have - ordered from them over the internet, but it's fun to drive up there on a Sunday afternoon and browse around. Usually they have beer and brats cooking outside in the parking lot available for a couple of bucks. German food makes for a good gift, as well, and for this painting I used the end of a marzipan piece included in a gift package from my mother. Marzipan ranks up there in my personal top ten eating pleasures. I really can't say enough good things about it.
 
This past week I've been putting the paintings up on consecutively shorter auctions, as it's getting down to Christmas crunch time for shipping. This one is up for three days, but I will relist for the regular period after this coming week. In the meantime, any purchases will be packed and shipped out as fast as I can go.

No comments: