Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Time For Pie" - SOLD

 
 
 
5" x 7" oil on gessoed panel
 
(How long should I stay on the Star Trek movie title theme?) Circumstances on July 4th prohibited me from blowing up anything, barbecueing, or going shooting, so I did the next best thing and made an apple pie, per the instructions of Our Lord and Master of Good Eats, Alton Brown. Unfortunately since the pie done got 'et (and it was good) the next best thing was to paint the pie bird and pie server, and since it looked like the antique pie bird is calling out, I figured he was saying "Time for pie!", and I put him next to the pie server - get it? I'm so clever.
 
This one frustrated me at the time. The velvety foreground cloth texture gave me a hard time, and I was painting well into the evening. In retrospect, though, it's become one of my favorites.

No comments: