Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Take Us To Your Leader" - SOLD

 
 
 
5" x 7" oil on gessoed panel
 
This one resulted from what is usually called a "happy accident", though it was anything but happy at the time. I was a full four hours into a 6"x6" when I realized I was polishing a pile of crap, so I scrubbed it out, tossed the dirty board aside, and started anew. My ideas for this new painting weren't any better. It was getting late in the day, and I was frustrated and PO'd. Out of desperation (and with a dash of cynicism), I threw down a backround cloth and tossed some cherries onto it at random. Fortunately for my sanity, they landed in a workable arrangement that suggested a story of two cherries with alien "antennae", versus one without.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Well I totally love your final combination/effort. The soft peachy-yellow of the cloth, and the floral embroidery, is a beautiful backdrop to those three little cherries.

Bonus points for making me want some cherries now.